Sunday, January 29, 2012

Elaine's Challenge Response: MUSICAL ANIMAL!

A small step up from the last few challenges--I used real drawing pencils and drawing paper! My idea was based on a Celtic fairy tale about a woman who was murdered, and her bones turned into a swan, and then were made into a harp that sang the truth about her killer. I think. I don't remember it very clearly. I think there was a Loreena McKennitt song about it. Anyway, my goal now is to get a little better and a little more serious each challenge, until I'm finally making things I'd actually consider real art again. My challenge to myself for next time: Set up the scanner and actually scan my work instead of taking pictures with my phone.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I hope you decide to do more with this one sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work, Elaine! I hope you do more with this one too!

    ReplyDelete