Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Elaine's Challenge Response: SCIENCE EXPERIMENT!

Alright, I got annoyed with this one and said "screw it" halfway through. I love science, but instead of doing an actual science-related thing, or anything resembling an experiment, I decided to make a fossil mermaid skeleton. It wasn't coming out the way I wanted, so I gave up. I also figured out that there's no really good way to give a human skeleton a dolphin or fish tail and make it resemble a mermaid the way we normally picture it. However, the purpose of the blog is to get us out of our art-paralysis, and this challenge did inspire me to do some serious paintings of real fossils. So yay, success! I also finally set up the scanner and scanned this one. My challenge to myself for next time: Start ahead of time instead of waiting until the last minute.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I hope you post the fossil paintings here too, when you're done!

    ReplyDelete